Tuesday, August 3, 2010

First in Flight: Weekend in NC

I'm finally getting around to blogging about this trip... Oh well, at least I'm within a month from the trip itself, right?

A few weeks ago (7/9 to 7/12), we flew down to North Carolina for a whirlwind weekend visit.  It was Joshua's first plane trip, and I have to admit, I was a bit nervous about it before we left.  I canvassed my mom friends for tips, read up on babies on airplanes, armed myself with an arsenal of pacifiers and toys... And Joshua was fine on the flight.  :)  He was a little cranky before the plane took off -- we were sitting at the gate, the air was stale and warm, and he didn't want to sit peacefully in my lap.  So we had a hairy first 5 minutes of crying, but as soon as the plane engines kicked on, the white noise soothed him and he conked out for the rest of the flight!


Our cute wee jet-setter (cell phone pic, since it was a little too cramped for David to access our big camera)

It was so good to see family that weekend.  My parents and my youngest brother Eric had already met Joshua back in February, but this was the first time my brother David met his nephew!  Seeing them play together was a little surreal -- my brother is about the farthest from gushy and baby talk-y that you can get, but he was calling J-bear his "little buddy" and stroking his head and holding him so carefully... It was really, really sweet.


Skydiving with Uncle Eric
 

Laughing with Grandpa; chilling with Uncle David
 

Watching the World Cup with the boys

While we were down in NC, we got the chance to meet up with a number of old friends!  We had lunch Saturday with two of my very oldest friends (from middle school!), Jessie and Sara.  It was so good to see them both, and to introduce Joshua to two of his faithful internet stalkers.  :)


Being held by Sara and Jessie at lunch
 

Joshua and the girls!  (And Jessie's cute little baby bump!)

And then on Sunday, we drove out to Durham and met up with John P., who's doing a postdoc at Duke.  The last time we saw him, at David's 30th birthday bash last year, was a few weeks before we discovered we were pregnant... This time around, John got to play with our cute little guy!


We had so much fun spending time with you guys.  And Joshua loved meeting his fans.  :)

1 comment:

Ashley Sisk said...

You were in NC and didn't let me and Nat and Jenny know? :)