Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year!

Happy 2009! The last year of the -- Aughties? Naughties? 2000s? We're almost at the end of the decade; we really should have a name for it by now!

I'm easing my way back into the grind of the working world, by working from home today -- I had originally planned to take the full week off, but we're filing a motion in one of my cases next week, and I've been given the responsibility of writing the first draft of the brief. Which is actually a little exciting -- it's not a huge brief or a terribly thrilling issue, but it's still the first time I'm being given a whole brief to draft. Yay for incremental career advancement!

So I'm sitting on the couch, in my comfy sweats, half working from home and half surfing the web and hanging out with my dear husband. Life is good. :)

Here's to another year filled with blessings and growth!

0 comments: