Thursday, December 3, 2009

Bump Watch: 32 Weeks

It's official -- I've arrived in the not-so-comfortable stage of pregnancy. I'm pretty sure Eggi has a foot or a fist firmly lodged in my ribs, and I noticed a definite waddle to my walk this morning... And wow, you should see my belly move when he kicks or rolls over now! For all that this has been a week of change in the way that I feel, I'm not sure how much the baby bump has grown since the last bump watch; let's compare and see!


And let's see what BabyCenter.com has to say about being 32 weeks pregnant:
By now, your baby weighs 3.75 pounds (pick up a large jicama) and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in your uterus. You're gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to your baby. In fact, he'll gain a third to half of his birth weight during the next 7 weeks as he fattens up for survival outside the womb.
Oof, 3.75 pounds, give or take -- I believe it! Eggi's becoming more and more assertive as he moves around in there... He's developed a routine of sorts, where he seems to stick his head way out to my left side, and then sweeeeeps across my belly to the other side. So from the outside, you see a distinct large lump appear on my left, and then roll over to my right. Some of the students we had over for Thanksgiving saw him do this particular acrobatic move -- what a fun and exciting moment to share with friends!

So I'll take the soreness in the ribs, the aching back, the misaligned hips, the difficulty getting up from a sitting position... Every time we see my belly move, or feel the little guy thumping away, it's a little reminder that it's all so totally worth it. :)

In other baby-related news, we've picked up the rest of our nursery furniture! So hopefully this weekend, we'll build the new bookcase and dresser (and by "we," of course, I mean my handy and strong and handsome husband) and put the room in its final furniture arrangement... And then we can start thinking about wall decor (and this time, by "we," I mean more me) and put the finishing touches on Eggi's room!

Seven and a half weeks left to go...

1 comment:

Ivy Mom said...

Wow Christina! Your pregnancy is flying by! At least from the outside looking in :). I know those last few weeks seem to take forever waiting for your precious bundle to arrive.

I suppose waddling is inevitable, so welcome to the club :). Your words are so sweet and I know you'll be a great mom.....you already are! Welcome to the home stretch. You're doing great!