Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Bump Watch: 29 Weeks

Twenty-nine weeks -- can you believe it's our last week in the twenties? This pregnancy has really been flying by! And I'm slowly getting to the point where opinion is nearly universal that I do, in fact, actually look pregnant... :)

The 29-week bump watch photo was taken on Monday night, on the day when we actually hit 29 weeks -- we're going to try to take the photos on Monday nights from here on out. (Which should be easier anyways, since we don't have small groups or other evening commitments on Mondays.)


I had my regular OB checkup this week -- starting now, our appointments will be every two weeks. We're also getting to meet other doctors in the practice; ideally, we'll have met with everyone before I go into labor, so we'll at least sort of know the OB on call who ends up delivering this baby. This was the second OB other than "my" OB-GYN that we've met, and so far, we really like them all!

Oh, and I also passed my glucose screening test. No gestational diabetes here! But the doctor did recommend that I start watching my sugar intake -- not because my numbers were borderline, but because he makes that recommendation to all third-trimester pregnant women. Which makes sense. But the timing is unfortunate -- cut back on sweets right as the holidays come around! Oh, the sacrifices I make for my child...

And here's the weekly blurb from BabyCenter.com --
Your baby is growing rapidly now. This week he weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is getting bigger to accommodate his growing brain — which is busy developing billions of neurons. Every day, about 200 milligrams of calcium is deposited in your baby's skeleton, which is now hardening. With this rapid growth, it's no surprise that your baby's nutritional needs reach their peak during this trimester.
It's hard to believe that there's a 15-inch long baby in my womb -- why, that's larger than the diagonal on my work laptop!! At the same time, though, I've been getting more and more used to all the activity going on in there -- he definitely likes to make his presence known! And it's cute how he seems to respond to David's voice, thumping away more vigorously at night when David gets excited about something and speaks a little louder or more quickly. Like father, like son -- I so can't wait to see how these two interact with each other!

0 comments: