Sunday, September 27, 2009

Bump Watch: 22 Weeks

Now that we're almost into 23 weeks, it's definitely time to post our 22-week bump watch photo:



The milestone passed with this particular photo: it's the first time I've been in maternity clothes head to toe for a bump watch photo! And let me tell you, maternity shirts are just as amazingly comfortable as maternity pants... :)

The baby has also been kicking much more regularly now. I can pretty much guarantee that he'll start kicking a few minutes after every meal (especially when I have orange juice), and that he'll start kicking up a storm soon after I lie down at night. My current theory on that last pattern is that my movement during the day creates a rocking motion that lulls him to sleep; as soon as I'm perfectly still, he perks up and thinks it's party time. Which is fun right now -- David's been able to feel our son kicking away at bedtime, which is still awe-inducing and very special. Who cares if the kicks keep me awake for a while at night...

And here's what BabyCenter.com had to say about this week --
At 11 inches (the length of a spaghetti squash) and almost 1 pound, your baby is starting to look like a miniature newborn. His lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and he's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath his gums. His eyes have formed, but his irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment. If you could see inside your womb, you'd be able to spot the fine hair (lanugo) that covers his body and the deep wrinkles on his skin, which he'll sport until he adds a padding of fat to fill them in. Inside his belly, his pancreas — essential for the production of some important hormones — is developing steadily.
11 inches long? That's the long side of a sheet of copy paper! (Which, frankly, is a more meaningful comparison to me than a spaghetti squash...) Hard to believe that our little KeddieCub is already that big!!

We're so thankful for our little copy paper bundle... :)

1 comment:

Ivy Mom said...

Although I don't miss maternity clothes, I sure do remember how comfortable they were with an ever expanding waistline!

You still look great! Will you be at the reunion this Nov.? Hope to see you there!