Saturday, July 3, 2010

Miriam's bridal shower!

Our wedding-filled weekend was capped on Sunday (6/27), with a bridal shower for Miriam!  Miriam was a freshman my senior year, so I got to know her a bit then, but we've really gotten closer more recently as she's been in one of the small groups David and I lead.  She and her then-boyfriend Andrew started coming to our small group a couple years ago, and we've had the joy of watching their relationship grow.  They're getting married on 10/10/10, and we're so incredibly excited for them!

The bridal shower was such an elegant affair -- an afternoon tea party, complete with dainty tea sandwiches, scrumptious scones, and beautiful desserts, and individual china teapots for every guest.  :)  We also got to hear some of the backstory of Andrew's proposal, and played a number of silly shower games that were actually a lot of fun.

And of course, I took a ton of photos.  :)


The beautiful bride-to-be


Individual teapots, and tower of delicious treats


Heidi, fellow small grouper, pouring herself some tea


Sisters!!  Naomi, Miriam's younger sister, is her maid of honor


Katie B., age 9 (I think?) and Miriam, both having fun with the food displays


Miriam and her lovely bridesmaids

It really was such a lovely shower.  I had to leave a bit early, since I had to get back home in time to feed our little guy, so I'm sorry I missed the end... We all had such a fun time, though!

Many blessings on you both, Miriam and Andrew, as you prepare for marriage!  We love you!

0 comments: