Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Cowboy Take Me Away...

I'm done with my last conference call for the week, and I've finished the last time-sensitive projects on my plate, and I'm standing at the brink of three whole vacation days... So I thought I'd break my self-imposed "no blogging at work" rule and get the vacation party started a little early. :)

We're flying out tomorrow morning to beautiful Albuquerque, New Mexico, to spend a nice long weekend with our dear friends Erik and Erin -- and to meet their baby boy, Luke! Because no matter how many times we may have watched all of the videos posted by his doting parents (and no matter how many of the videos I may now have memorized... what can I say, Erik and Erin are really cute as new parents!), nothing could beat actually meeting little Luke in person.

And it'll be so good to see Erik and Erin again! We've been friends and neighbors for years -- I was actually living with Erin and David was living with Erik before we all got married off. :) And we're looking forward to the day when some east coast university offers Erik a tenure-track position and brings them back closer to us...

So New Mexico, here we come! We probably won't be blogging between now and when we get back late on Monday -- but we will for sure be taking tons of pictures!

And now I'm off to "work" just a bit longer... That, or watch some more baby Luke videos at my desk...

0 comments: