Monday, November 19, 2012

Bonfire!!

One of the most fun campus traditions is the HYP bonfire -- whenever Princeton football beats both Harvard and Yale, we have a ginormous bonfire on Cannon Green to celebrate.  It, um, doesn't happen as often as we'd like... I don't know the stats off the top of my head, but I can say that it's only happened twice in all my time in Princeton.  Once in 2006:


(Wow, we look so young!  I had to go search my old xanga blog archives for that photo...)

And once this year!


This time around, we're an old married couple with two kids.  :)  We took both Joshua and Sophia to the bonfire -- Sophia was asleep the whole time, but Joshua was fascinated.  So much noise, so many people, and a BIG BIG FIRE!!!  Plus tons of firetrucks standing by to assist with putting out the fire afterward.  Little dude was in heaven.  :)






And a quick snapshot of the intrepid University communications office photogs (including our very own JJ):


They produced this beautiful video of the bonfire, which I highly recommend watching, even if you're not a Princetonian.  :)

It's so fun introducing our kids to school traditions!  Congrats, Princeton football, on a great season!

0 comments: