Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Some blog housekeeping

We're implementing some changes here at Keddiebears central, hopefully for the better, so we wanted to give all of our faithful readers a head's up, and apologize for any broken links or weird formatting while we put the new formatting in place...

For a while now, I've wanted the ability to post larger photos. Over the last several months, I've been tweaking the background image and the code in order to expand the main column of this blog, but there's only so much you can do with a 2-column blog before you start getting wider than the average person's internet browser screen. Then it occurred to me -- why have two columns at all?

So the biggest change is the shift to a one-column template. (And I'm so proud of myself for being able to figure out the coding necessary to make this shift!) The widgets that used to be in the right-hand sidebar are now shifted either to the new linkbar at the top, or in the footer at the bottom. So if you want to see what other blogs we're reading these days, click on the "Blogrolls" link at the top. And if you want to go back and read all of our archived posts, check out the "Blog Archive" widget at the bottom!

Now that we're a one-column blog, I've gone back to the last few posts and uploaded larger versions of those photos. Do let us know what you think -- especially if the photos are now too large for those of you with slower internet connections.

And let us know if you come across any broken links or other wonky items. I'm trying to test everything as we go, but I may miss things.

Hope you enjoy the new and improved Keddiebears blog!

And since I can't write a post without a photo... Here's one of my latest favorites of Joshua, holding his head waaay up like a big boy!

2 comments:

RBQ said...

Aw yay it looks nice! Haha I know what you mean about the code tweaking...I can get so carried away playing around with it. By the way I changed my blog name to Whynotceros

:)

Tamara said...

Everything looks great!

www.tamara-camera.blogspot.com